Lynne from Cafe Lynnylu is hosting this edition of Weekend Herb Blogging and this week, we bring you the awesome Eggplant Dip!
You will need:
1 medium sized eggplant
salt & pepper
And that's it. Simple and nice.
1. Using a fork, make holes in the eggplant. Check out the video below for 'live' demonstration.
2. Bake in oven, at 250 deg C for about 20 mins. And this is what you should see at the end of the baking.
3. Cut the baked eggplant open, and using a spoon, remove all contents and place in bowl.
The soft flesh should yield easily. Use all of them, seeds and all!
4. Add in juice of 2 limes, chopped parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash up.
5. Serve on toast or as a dip! This will taste great will a sunny-side up for breakfast or use as an healthy alternative to whipped potatoes on your mains.