Yet another simple to put together recipe from our resident chef Clement!
Ingredients (as shown in photo)
Spaghetti (cooked and left to cool)
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut eggplant into strips, about the length of match sticks.
2. Cut tomato into halves, remove seeds and dice.
3. Slice olives, cross-wise.
4. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan. Add in salt and pepper. Melt a good knob of butter as the oil warms.
5. Add one strip of anchovy in and mash it up.
6. Add eggplant strips, sliced olives and capers. Fry it up a little bit.
7. Add in cooked spaghetti. And finally the diced tomatoes when the pasta warms through.
8. Serve in a plate. Sprinkle a good handful of grated parmesan and garnish with parsley.
And we are done! Suggest that the pasta is served with a slice of lemon. The marriage of flavours from the anchovy, olives and capers together with the eggplant and tomatoes is simply divine. Simple ingredients that provides a myraid of flavours. And it's wholesome food, prepared in under 5 minutes.